Thursday, February 17, 2011

[JDPUB: 131] BOOKS BY MIKE HOARE available

We thought our Just Done clients would like to be aware of these books written by Mike Hoareavailable from Chris Hoare (see below). Please use the code: JDP when you send Chris Hoare email to order – this will be purely for statistical purposes.

MIKE HOARE BOOKS FOR SALE
Signed by the author, with wording of your choice

  • Nice gifts! Buy any four books and get the Mokoro book FREE.
  • Prices include post and packaging.  (South Africa only)
  • 215 x 140 mm. Paperbacks.

To order, email Chris Hoare: partner@iafrica.com

Mike Hoare’s Adventures in Africa
A brand new book, it tells of my walks across mountainous Basutoland, my trips by motorcycle from Cape Town to Cairo, and from Mombasa to Luanda,
a trip to Nyasaland to capture a giant chimpanzee, two chapters on sailing my 36-foot yacht along the difficult Natal coast; and one as technical advisor
to ‘The Wild Geese’ movie made in South Africa. Includes the two stories in Mokoro – A cry for help!
219 pp. R290

Congo Mercenary

The story of my two years leading 5 Commando, a unit of mercenary soldiers recruited to help the Congolese National Army put down a communist
inspired revolution which had tried to overthrow the Democratic Republic of the Congo; with new 8-page foreword.
318 pp. Illustrated. R325

Three Years with Sylvia
Back in print at last, tells how my family and I sailed around the western Mediterranean in a 100-ton ex-Baltic trader converted to yacht, and the
fun and the heartbreak we experienced. The book brought out the Irish in me.
187 pp. Illustrated. R240

The Road to Kalamata
My memoir of 4 Commando, a unit of mercenary soldiers in the newly formed Katanga province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and the
tragic episode which resulted in the death of an officer and man of the unit. New 7-page foreword.
133 pp. Illustrated. R240

Congo Warriors
Twenty-one stories about mercenary soldiering in the Congo and Katanga including the heart-rending tale of an American missionary doctor, a young
woman who suffered harsh treatment from rebel soldiers, her escape and her eventual return to my unit – and the romantic surprise which awaited her.
New 7-page foreword and epilogue.
191 pp. R290

The Seychelles Affair
The story of the failed 1981 attempt to overthrow the government of the Seychelles Islands, the reasoning behind it, the trial and my imprisonment by the
South African government for 34 months. New 7-page foreword.
207 pp. Illustrated.  R290

Mokoro - A Cry for Help!
Two stories of my adventures in Bechuanaland over the years, my search for the Lost City of the Kalahari, and my ill-fated plan to live on a remote island
in the Okavango Delta; how my wife contracted ‘the fever’ and her amazing recovery which I am convinced was the result of divine intervention.
95 pp. Illustrated. R110


Shirene Dovey
Just Done Productions
084 529 9639


No comments: