Thursday, April 13, 2006

Crystal Reports : Problem with KeyCodev2.dll

I was having problems with Deploying an app with Crystal reports and found this helpful post..

Forums: Business Objects: "Problems with keycodev2.dll

Please help me to resolve this problem.
I have a license for Microsoft VisualStudio.NET 2003. I made an Windows Application with Visual J#.NET witch contains reports Crystal Reports ( included in Visual St.NET 2003). I have registered my Crystal Report.
When I try to deploy this application I got this error:
“Cannot find keycodev2.dll, or invalid keycode”.
I read on a discussion forum, an answer for an other person who had the same problem, and I download cr_net_2003_mergemodule_en.zip and I add this on my project. It Still don’t resolve my problem. Then I download cr9netredist.zip, and I tried to install, but I don’t have ID_PRODUCT key.
Then I read the CRYSTAL REPORTS FOR VISUAL STUDIO.NET LICENSE AGREEMENT from my Visual St.NET license, and I understand that I need an additional license for deploying my application.
Please tell me how to deploy my application.

My best regards
Orsan Calin
_____________________________________________

Hi,

Hi,

First create the deployment setup and then add merge module (Crysal_regwiz2003.msm,crystal_managed2003.msm,crystal_database_access2003_enu.msm & crystal_database_access2003.msm) in that setup
by
1-Right click the deplyment project in Solution Explorer . click Add-->Merge Module--> Open "C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFIles\MergeModules"

2- Right click the added MergeModule (crystal_regwiz2003.msm) --> properties--> MergeModuleProperties-->LicenseKey

3- Get the license key from Help Menu -->About Microsoft Development Environment --> see in the installed product list, there there 'll be the key in front of Crystal Reports for Visual Studio2003.NET like 'AAP50-GS000------------'

4- Rebuild the setup and install

Probably it'll work. Its tested at my side
Madni

No comments: